View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 8, 2020, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
Beautiful summary Jawn thank you.

What is the old farmers bank now?

Also any idea on the projects at the other side of the riverfront?

I remember them clearing land at the plot next to the Salvation Army building and also that plot being bought.
A law firm moved into the old Farmer's Bank building fairly recently. Now if only BP Group can get the Frank Furness building at 6th/N. Market open again. A few years ago BP Group announced they would be renovating the inside to become a boutique/luxury hotel, but nothing has happened for a couple years.

BP Group bought the plot on the river next to the Sal. Army, along with that building itself. The Sal. Army is still open as of now. I guess BP Group is waiting to figure out what to do with it.

I'm a little surprised no Philly developers have made the step to build in Wilmington -- either downtown or on the Riverfront. According to BPG and Capano, all their new luxury apartments at both locations are essentially at capacity/occupied, and their monthly rent rates really aren't much cheaper than new Philly luxury apartments. I would think someone like PMC, Alterra, Hanover, etc... could scoop up a surface parking lot in downtown Wilmington for dirt cheap. The eastern side of the Riverfront is ripe for the taking as well.