View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 7:24 PM
ハルウララ

SSE holding this carrot on a string with an NHL outdoor game is a bit offensive IMO - they have no guarantees from anyone at the NHL that they're even on the path to such an event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haliguy View Post
When I had seen the Heritage Classic game in Regina on TV a few weeks ago in their new stadium, I was thinking how great it would be to have this in Halifax. If they can do it why can't Halifax, a city twice the size of Regina.
The simple answer to your question is because Regina has a stadium that seats 30K+ and Halifax doesn't. Halifax also doesn't have a tenant for such a facility.

You could theoretically host an NHL outdoor game at Wanderer Grounds for a crowd of 10K or so but the economics wouldn't make much sense for the NHL i'd imagine. The optics would be great but the raw gameday economics less so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Yeah and it amazes me that can make money. Throw a weak Canadian dollar in there and you have a major money loser. Ottawa won't be able to keep going like this, the Senators may become Quebec City's new team.
Ottawa won't be relocating to Quebec City. The NHL gains nothing by doing so.