Thread: Flamborough
View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 31, 2008, 12:16 AM
On Guard For Thee

I can assure you that the "big box" development was not on the books for years, as you suggest. There have been various proposals over the years to build out the corner commercially--many proposals which never came to fruition and others which were rejected by the former Town's council.

Secondly, I have never suggested that the highway upgrade was being paid for by the residents of Flamborough, so please do not attribute statements to me that were made by others. The bottom line is that this highway upgrade is not related to the retail developments at the intersection--the highway interchange design was finalized before any of the other development could go forward. It remains inaccurate and misleading to state that the interchange was planned to serve those commercial properties when it was not.

There is no "Flamborough" anyway--and as a resident of the new City of Hamilton your taxes will continue to support infrastructure THROUGHOUT the entire city, that is a reality that you ought to accept. There would seem to be a disconnect when someone argues that rural residents ought not complain about increased taxation, but at the same time launch protestations when infrastructure projects go forward in areas that you arbitrarily deem to be "unacceptable"...or, to quote it all sucks.