View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 12, 2007, 12:15 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpainless View Post
You can't rest on your laurels alone if you want to lead. Change is essential to adapt and grow. The way New York constantly redefines itself and never rests is essential if its going to be a world leader in arts, finance, insurance, media, etc.
That's true. While it doesn't mean that everything needs to be ripped down, we can't remain trapped in the past. Imagine if 1oo years ago nobody could build anything because people wanted to preserve every structure. I'm of the opinion that the builders of today have every right to leave their mark on the City as the builders of yesterday. The only time I'm stuck in is the present. Let the people 100 years from now look back on what was created when I walked the earth. Whether critical or positive, it won't change the status of the stamp of our time.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.