View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 15, 2013, 9:21 PM

i just assumed that any extension of beale would be in an easterly direction. i wonder if the proposed new extension might be cantilevered to create parking, over-sight viewing of the river and other attractions, in addition to directional roadway to disperse traffic either north and south or north or south only. obviously, this would involve a good deal of steal and concrete framing. if the area were to be memphis' version of broadway, time square, etc., imo, there would need to be a pretty impressive staging of lights, movement, announcements, both locally and nationally, and even a city menu of what is occurring throughout the city that is current at the time of announcement and announcements of coming entertainment, there venues, and so forth. as for the one beale project, is it a goner for sure? i have consistently been told that it will happen, and not that far in the not to distant future. i hope that is the case, a real disappointment, otherwise.

as for the alta vista rental complex, i seriously considered that location for a second apartment, when i had to be in some other cities for unknown lengths of time. at the time, several years ago, i thought i was going to have to move to the jackson hole area in wymoing and seattle. for me, they have some great charm. i love antiques, and i don't care much for contemporary settings. the issues that were a bit of a problem for me was the lack of w/d connections, air/heat units. and small kitchens. i loved the location and the beautiful tile roofs and color and the courtyard and architecture. i hope these folk aren't going to tear them down, maybe just upgrade them. we'll have to see.

Last edited by kingchef; Oct 15, 2013 at 9:34 PM.