View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 5:21 AM
Kicking it Viking style..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
I find it great and fascinating to say the least that the rich over there don't seem so scared, since you appear to have an easy access to this area. It reminds of something south of SF you might've visited in CA too. Some place they call Carmen, some luxury sea resort... Carmel, actually. Things like this have to hide more or less here, so to say. People live in some sort of fear, sadly. As if being wealthy was a crime.
With the equality focus Danes are generally more or less on the same level.. if nothing else then on a mentality level as we don't have any poor ( except by choice such as refusing aid )

So those who do earn a lot are generally not too different from the rest and the general attitude towards the risk of burgleries ( that is quite high after the Baltics, Romania and Bulgaria enter the EU ) is that things are insured, so while it sucks if it happens it's just things that can be replaced..

In terms of personal safety the nation is quite safe - we typically par with japan - so while there have been cases of home invasion ( again thanks to new EU member state citizens ) they are very rare and taken very serious by the police.

As for Carmel I have been there a couples times - and will pass by again later this summer ( not sure if we will spend any time there, but we will be spending time in near by Monterey )
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
Truth is the Danes don't complain too much about paying high-rate taxes, which must help being easier to the well-off like these
As long as the money goes to services we all enjoy then it's hard to find a reason to complain..

Wages are fair, taxation is fair and all in all it's all fair, se we are content

As for photos looking through the thread I can see that I have mainly been posting Old Towns, castles and Copenhagen's dense residential districts.. reality is that Denmark is very suburban - Copenhagen itself has a lower population density than Los Angeles. and it's not fair for me not to show that too when trying to cover the kingdom.

Like our North American friends most Danes live in detatched single family houses in endless suburbs - they drive to and from work, they shop at malls and they loved BBQing and drinking in the gardens..

So I will try to be better at covering more surburban areas ( even if I find them quite boring hence don't have as many photos ) to better present the land and life of us Danes..

Hirtshals - Northern Jutland

Ringsted - Zealand

Old Town - Copenhagen

Bulbjerg - western Jutland

Skagen - Northern Jutland

Nørrebro District - Copenhagen