View Single Post
Old Posted May 14, 2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterK View Post
Hey guys. Outstanding thread.. Words can't explain the amount of knowledge or joy I have gotten from it. I have been lurking for probably 3 months now going through every single page reading every single post. I am still on page 276 but working my way up to the present day.

I like to take pictures of downtown LA. I am actually only interested in the downtown LA posts within this thread (sorry..). Here are a few of my recent pics. I post a pretty good stream of them on my instagram (hunterkerhart).

Eastern & Orpheum which you all know. This block is starting to see some great development.

Library of course

Something needs to be done about this massive vacant gem

Cliftons seeing remodeling

Cliftons from above

90,000+ sq/ft Giannini Place sitting vacant on an emerging restaurant row. Such a colossal hinderance..

Building next door is now Mas Malo, a great mexican restaurant. Anyone know what it was 90 years ago..?

Cool fire station at 7th street & Santa Fe

Southwest from 7th & Spring

Palace theater has been remodeled, though isn't seeing as much action as it should be..

Spring st is on the up.. Though there are still many seedy characters hanging around..

Bradbury is being kept well.

Angels Flight runs until 10pm. They just raised the fares to the obscene price of $0.50 a ride!

The beautiful (my favorite) Los Angeles could use a restoration.. Only time it sees action is on film shoots.

I took this image before I ever saw the 1931 image so they don't quite match. But you can see what happened to the poor department store across the street.. . Gutted and is now a multilevel garage. (Does anyone have a higher res version of the 1931 image? This one is very small and pixelated, I'd love to redo the before/after properly.)

I took this picture 2 nights ago to match up with an older picture I have of Broadway. I'm constantly searching for more night time downtown pictures that I can take 'after' pics to like this.

I hope I didn't post too many recent pictures.. If there is anything anybody wants me to look into physically, or take pictures of, please let me know and I will do so. I wander downtown several nights a week looking for the history right above the sidewalk.
I'd like to see a few more shady characters. Nice pics, though, beautiful composition, almost abstract.