View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 20, 2019, 4:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdGarden View Post
Extra clearance, more comfortable, more space. There are so many advantages. A few bucks in gas is totally worth it.

Another big one not mentioned yet is comfort from the perspective of the kids too. Not only is it easier to get babies in and out of the back (no more bending over), but my kids were never able to spend time in the smaller car for more than about 15 minutes. In the SUV they are happy, able to sleep, and don't complain nearly as much.

SUV's just make sense. Unless "handling" is really your top priority in a vehicle.
I'm a family guy with a crossover SUV and a family sedan. I can't say that I have really noticed any SUV advantages regarding getting kids in and out or their own comfort level.

However, the SUV definitely offers the advantage of being able to haul larger items or bust through snowdrifts on those occasions you need it to. And neither situation is all that rare. There is undoubtedly a level of practicality that you get with an SUV. And practicality is what I am after... IDGAF about handling or whatever. To me, cars are basically appliances on wheels that do a job.