View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2019, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFBoiseJunky View Post
Thanks for the updates IFguy. I try to keep up with things on the local news sites but it isn't nearly as informative as what you have provided.

I get back to visit 1-2 times/year and yes the growth seems to be significant every time I visit. I really noticed a lot of growth out in the Iona area which is near the new Costco.

You seem fairly well connected. Have you heard anything regarding the planned changes to I-15 from Broadway to the future north interchange? Or any news on road projects/changes within the county? It seemed Ammon Road was in need of a major widening and traffic lights north of 17th. Traffic back-ups were terrible when I was there last. Looked like Lincoln Road was getting a much needed upgrade.
The only updates about the new 15/20 connector is it's still in the development stage of choosing the best option. It seems most are in favor of pushing the interchange north a few miles, building a bridge over the river and connecting back near the Lewisville Highway area and later building a connection to US 26. That is the most expensive option however so they will probably pick an option that is less expensive. Dirt won't even turn until 2026 is the expectation...who knows how bad traffic will be by then. ITD at it's finest on this side of the state.

Speaking of improper planning, Lincoln Road is a wonderful upgrade but the other urbanised areas of the county are congested two lane roads with nothing planned in the foreseeable future besides a glimmer of hope for 1st Street between Hitt and Ammon. Bonneville county says it can't afford upgrades without state funds and Ammon says the same. It's slightly humerous though that Idaho Falls can get upgrades done, they plan ahead and save and also use developers as a tool to help pay for upgrades. It almost seems like the county will always wait for annexation from Idaho Falls so they have to pony up.

The urbanised core is in dire need already. A few more years of subdivision growth and infill it's gonna be a complete disaster.

I.F. City: 56,813
I.F. Metro: 132,073
I.F. Bingham CSA: 178,025