View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 26, 2011, 5:48 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illithid Dude View Post
Actually, yes. I was going to get around to it, and maybe still will, but if you are asking...

-On Ocean Ave. in Santa Monica, a really super well done hotel. Very modern, and no stucco, and huge.

- Also on Santa Monica, off of Wilshire, a new medical building, right next to the Staples and across the street from the giant new UCLA hospital. It's not *on* Wilshire, but right off of it. Very nice building, all concrete and glass, and has the first automated parking structure in Southern California.

- On Olympic and Stewert, also in Santa Monica, they are building this *massive* glassy building. Easily the biggest thing in Los Angeles under construction right now. It's simply huge. And looks attractive, too, surprisingly. You can't miss it.

- In West Hollywood, they just finished the new Library, which is right across the way from the Pacific Design Center. Speaking of which....

- The Red Building in the Pacific Design Center is almost finished. It's a really cool building, one of my favorites in the world. It's just so distinct...

- The new Ceder Sinai building is all tall and glassy right now. Actually is turning out surprisingly well, considering it is a hospital. Plus, it is being built right up against the sidewalk, making it pedestrian friendly. Actually, it's sort of creating an urban canyon in that area.

- 8500 Burton Way is under construction. It's a very cool, pedestrian oriented building under construction on... Burton Way. Its Caruso's building. They have a crane up and everything! I think it looks like a building from the Jetsons, from the renderings, which I think is a good thing.

And that is pretty much all the good infill under construction in L.A.
Nice list. It's interesting about the density in WeHo/Beverly Center; you would think that the Pink Line was still on the drawingboard.

1950's spacey is what I thought about Caruso's building also. Lots of curves. If you haven't been to WeHo library, go there; there is a great panoramic view of Red/Green/Blue. Parking is woefully inadequate, however.