View Single Post
Old Posted May 3, 2007, 1:24 PM

Atlanta/GA has been fighting the states of AL and FL for over 20 years now in what will probably be a supreme court case over who can control the water flowing out of the GA mountains. No there have been no significant water reservoirs built in that time frame but some are planned depending on the courts, but statistically according to the doom/gloom bunch they won't even touch the surface of what Atlanta needs just today. During that time, Atlanta has faced 2 severe droughts (appears the 3rd has begun) and the population has shot up almost 4 million in past 30 years. However, tech wise the area has continued to 'do more with less' through new reclamation plants and so forth.

I'm just saying water is 70% of the world and as cities advance and tech does the water issue has always been resolved so I wouldn't use that argument to check the astounding growth the west is facing 60 years after the west first heard this same argument. It's an issue but it's not one that can't be addressed and resolved.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!