Thread: The Pearson Hub
View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 5, 2020, 4:24 AM

I'm glad you guys understand that I'm not trying to show off the city or make it look interesting or beautiful or anything like that. If I had shown these photos to a Toronto audience they likely would have attacked me and accused me of trying to promote this place, if they even bothered to look and respond at all. All these years, you guys have been much more receptive and understanding of my work than anyone and I am very grateful for that, so thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubert View Post
I love your photo threads. While I do come here to see the perfectly urban angles of Paris, NY, London, Chicago I must admit there is something atmospheric about how you shoot these places most of us would never find aesthetic. Thanks.
Again, thank you. I actually wondered if maybe this place was too unaesthetic, otherwise I wouldn't have hesitated for 5 months to finally make this thread. I really didn't expect anyone to like these photos, and I am glad I finally decided to show them.

The past few months I actually kinda started to regret spending so much time photographing these kind of lonely places. Maybe these type of photos are actually too easy, especially ever since this pandemic. Maybe I should have tried harder to get closer to people when I still had the chance to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
Yeah, this is not just an "urban showcase" or "show off your city" thread anyway.
I think 7 and 14 are the most meaningful to me, and 20 to 24 the most impressive.
7 and 14 are quite a contrast from Paris, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
@Doady It must have felt a bit uncomfortable to stand along these expressways, but it was worth the effort.
Keep in mind I didn't stand or walk along any expressway, I only stood and walked along normal roads that went above and below these expressways and ramps. It's definitely not a place built for pedestrians (many narrow and missing walkways, without any buffer from the traffic) so of course it was not comfortable experience, but I don't want anyone to think I put myself or my brand new $3000 camera and lens at risk or anything like that. I really don't want to promote that sort of thing. Again, I couldn't even post this thread for 5 months, I am very weak, so standing along expressways would definitely be too frightening for me.