View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 6:56 PM

Some days I'm just not dialed in; matter of time or scattered mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1138 View Post
It's interesting to see the realignment options being studied. I like the concepts for both the additional RTD tracks (potentially allowing for express trains?) and re-use of the historic Burnham structure as a new joint 10th and Osage/Front Range Rail station.
Yeah, I only got a flyover take on this with my first pass; quite the fascinating proposal. Thanks to Michael Roberts at Westword who has a piece on this I got a nice 2nd bite.

Inside the Massive I-25 Project That's About to Take Its First Step
SEPTEMBER 30, 2019 BY MICHAEL ROBERTS
Quote:
Interstate 25 from Santa Fe Drive to 20th Street is the busiest slab of Colorado's highway system, with an estimated 250,000 vehicles using at least part of it on a daily basis — and that number is expected to hit 300,000 by 2040. In the meantime, approximately 1,000 crashes per year, or around three a day, take place along this five-mile stretch.

Credit CDOT via Westword

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngiNerd View Post
The land is big enough that rerouting CML tracks through Burnham yard could also easily accompany redevelopment, I don't think those two things are mutually exclusive. The Burnham hard is 61 acres....for perspective, the entire Union Station area from 15th to 20th, CML to Wewatta (between DUS and the train canopy) is about 60 acres....61 acres is a huge area that can accommodate all sorts of multimodal and TOD.
What an amazing opportunity if difficult to pull together.