View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 4, 2017, 8:51 AM
disneypilled verhoevenist

what i see (and then the other thing in the next post which is probably more to the heart of the matter) are not the problems of modernism (on the ground) but how terribly (in america) bungled post-modernism and mass produced contemporary architecture is. the stuff that came after the mass production flirtation with residential modernism which actually wasn't so bad (i think it was actually good). its really a shame that the split-levels came so quickly, i wonder what it was, vietnam? we gave up on caring about things like good light for phat carpeting.

maybe im just a mentally ill modernist apologist. now for the record i really dislike corbusier architecture and his butthole ideas as applied to urban planning...i'm a glass, steel and greenery guy. i hate concrete...ages terribly, too.

livedetroit.org

i really believe that they (mies etc) really had something there in chicago and others elsewhere.

knoll.com

Last edited by Centropolis; Sep 4, 2017 at 9:25 AM.