View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 7:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
You just have the sense of your own immortality that's typical of the fairly young. I won't argue with you again about how valid that may be but for many people COVID was something to be validly concerned about and still is. You've just convinced yourself you are invulnerable.

And for what it's worth, I have NO (zero) faith in the mass media. My attitude toward it is based on 50 years of medical experience and knowledge along with analysis from what I can learn in valid scientific literature.
I haven’t convinced myself that I’m invulnerable, the statistical data has - at least to a very high degree of confidence. Crossing a busy street or riding a bike in London is more dangerous to me than Covid given my risk factors (or lack thereof).
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov