View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 12:05 AM
Rational urbanist

With regards to siloing, I guess it depends. There's a difference between my social life and the businesses I frequent and that kinda thing.

With friends, I think I do the opposite of siloing. I've struggled to find friends I'm totally in tune with so I have different groups serving different purposes. Together, I think there's enough political and character diversity among these groups that I'm open to perspectives and personalities different from my own. One group has interests closest to my own, namely cities and politics. But they're not as outgoing as I am and a little on the SJW side of life, which keep me from getting messed up on the weekends as I like to and keep me from engaging deeper into our conversations respectively. This group thinks i'm crazy.

My other group is nice because I don't have to filter myself and they're more into going out, but I find our conversation topics get stale frequently. Politically, this group is more mixed. This group thinks I'm boring.

In terms of services and all that, I can't say I notice demographics as much as character. I'm pretty low-maintenance or whatever you wanna call it and I'm shy with new people. This means I don't like barbers that try to talk to me, I don't like places with loud music, and I don't like places that don't offer a simple lager. That might be getting a bit off-topic, but I suppose in this sense I am siloed in that I seldom venture outside my comfort zone.