View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 12, 2021, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
Although if you consider mountains in the US there are much taller ones. I dunno if it's the worst for climate but Mount Whitney in Cailfornia is over 4,400 meters while Mount Washington is a little under 2,000 m. Montana has a cold winter climate overall and its highest is just under 4,000 m. There's a good chance that it's worse than Mount Washington in NH but didn't get a dot.

If you cared more about snow you could pick some mountain in Washington State closer to the Pacific. Some places there must get massive amounts of snow. The worst point in the lower 48 might be somewhere along that WA-MT axis.
I've been to Mt Washington in August on a hot day at the bottom of the mountain. I think it was 28 C. It got cooler as we drove up the road to the summit but the temperature really drop during the last couple of minutes before the summit. The weather station had recorded a bit of mixed rain and snow in the morning that day. Very windy at the very top and foggy.

I've been at much higher elevations in Alberta and BC on different mountains during the Summer and never experienced it being as cold and windy as Mt Washington. The high winds are the reason for the severe Winters.