View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 19, 2014, 2:29 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by reencharles View Post
Every time I come to this topic, the height of this building decreases. Nearly 50 meters of height reduction. Unfortunate...
Maybe you should go back to an earlier point, when the height was increasing. Maybe that will help offset any feelings of loss. Probably why most don't feel it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
1,227ft is still an incredible height for an office building of all things.
As I said earlier, outside of New York City, there is only one tower in the entire western hemisphere with a higher roof height, and that's the Sears in Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Can someone dig up a "before" look of the base along 11th pretty much from that same angle? I remember it looked cold and uninviting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
I'm pissed of at the height reduction, but this building looks spectacular at street level.

The changes as street level are what's making me really like this building as opposed to just liking it. I remember someone at KPF saying they didn't really know how the 10th Ave side would transition, but they've done an excellent job so far.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.