View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 28, 2010, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post
Nice pictures. What did you go to Calgary and Regina for? Any photo threads for those places coming up?
I was in Regina for work, it's quite a nice city, I plan to post three Regina tours. Calgary was just a stop on my flight. I made sure I got a flight through Calgary just so I could get a few shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Denson View Post
Really amazing photos. It does look like U.S. sprawl, but in many of the photos, the suburban neighborhoods look surprisingly devoid of trees. Is that typical or just what is shown in these particular photos? Some of the photos towards the end (Regina) show more of what I was expecting to see with regard to trees.
Those are recent subdivisions built on farm fields. Regina's older areas have tons of trees because of a concerted effort to beautify the relatively treeless landscape of the Prairies. Most of Regina's older areas are lined with beautiful mature Elm trees. I'm not sure those newer subdivisions in the GTA and Calgary will ever have large mature trees because the development practices have such a negative impact on soil.