View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 21, 2021, 5:11 AM
Fourth and Main

It's at Research Parkway and Fogle Street, in downtown's IQ District (an urban innovation district). The site was cleared and prepared for a massive multi-building research & technology development, so there is nothing there but Research Parkway and a restored waterway. There could be four or five buildings and a park under-construction there in roughly 12-24 months? Most of this is part of a $3.4 billion investment in Winston-Salem by a large multi-state healthcare company. It appears as if that building may have moved-up to 2022, according to a recent news article? Since three of the medical / research buildings are fully-funded as part of that $3.4 billion deal, have detailed renderings or models, and Grubb Properties appears to have committed to building apartments (Link Apartments Research Parkway?) next to this building, I wouldn't doubt it if there are four buildings and Fogle Commons Park starting construction next year? I think at least one news article seems to lean in that direction? We could also see the five-star hotel and condominiums starting later this year or next, which is across Third Street from this site.

I've heard the Eye Institute will be the first building to start construction and the source is someone working for the innovation district. The proposed Eye Institute is across the street from the proposed Center for Translational Research & Population Health. It should be fun seeing all of those cranes, as you enter the downtown area!