View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 5:36 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwell View Post
IIRC the main port in the New Orleans area is essentially the entire riverfront between the city and Baton Rouge, and still remains one of the largest bulk ports on the continent. Mostly grain, I think. Not very much in common with the massive container ports you see on the west coast though.

I love taking off from NOLA on a clear day and really seeing how much the city really is an island. It sure feels like it on the ground too.
thats the way the port of st. louis is, mostly grain/bulk terminals strung out along the river over many miles, although they are building container docks now. because we are past the last lock and dam on the river we run the larger barges down to new orleans and while not high value i imagine it still represents a lot of activity. this push to move containers on the mississippi keeps coming up so im guessing the port of new orleans could see a bump from that.