View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 9:18 PM

Let me be clear that I had never liked any Ford Nation politician and cannot stand Doug Ford as Premier. I live in Northern Ontario so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

But I will say that Doug Ford was actually elected in his riding mostly by racial minorities and the PCs won a majority because of support from racial minorities.

Some left-leaning people make the huge mistake saying that it was only white people (Caucasians) who elected the Ford government. Ford's riding of Etobicoke North is 57.7% visible minorities.

Ford had huge support among black-Canadians, those of Asian background (esp Chinese, Filipino and Indian) and even among Muslims. Many forget that people in those groups are more conservative than the average white person in many cases.

Ford has always attacks the "lefties" of downtown Toronto and interestingly, most of them are white. Yes he can be very divisive but he wouldn't stand a chance of being elected if he focused on race, ethnicity or religion which he didn't. It was a smart move for an uneducated person.

Last edited by Loco101; Jun 20, 2019 at 2:49 AM.