View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 31, 2009, 12:04 AM

I'm Taiwanese ,but I really have the gap with Taiwanese people. I normally criticised Taiwanese archietect design, especially normal residentail building, for example Taiwanese style european building.

In other day, after I posted this project, I criticised C.Y Lee design when someone in skyscrapers.tw say that he design good skyscrapers for Taiwan. I really did't think so, and I struggle to discuss with them. Basically, I was talking about he needs to prove himself, he needs to have a good design base on his logic that convinced international community (especially Architect) of his idea is can be worked. In fact, this is why I don't like him.

Many Taiwanese think Taipei 101 and Kaoshiung 85 tower are classics. Come on, they are not classics! There are thousands of buildings better than these two. I was angry in that day and I really lost my contact. Someone kept saying that not all buildings, design and architects in western countries are good. In my point of view, you can say that. But, you need to aware that western countries have much better preception in these areas. We are straggly in these areas, why many people doesn't admit this.

The only thing I agree with them is that I'm not an architect, I don't have actual strength in the design. Is that necessary? But, I find my weakness during the discussion. I lost my point and contact when I was angry, I need more experience.
========================================================================================================================

Now, our government is trying to encourage developers taking on foreign architects rather than local architects. So, world game stadium comes out, Taipei twin towers comes out...etc.