View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 13, 2009, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smevo View Post
Part of me thinks the causeway would remain as Scenic Rte 4 even with a new crossing. The causeway has created an ice-free harbour for Port Hawkesbury and Melford, so there could be more economic implications there on its removal, seeing as Port Hawesbury handles high volumes of bulk cargo and the ice-free harbour was a selling point for the Melford container terminal proposal.

As for the non-native animals, they usually get killed by traffic before they make it across.
I never thought of the ice problem (even though Google Maps shows quite the pile-up on the northside of the causeway).

As soon as Google Maps starts working for me again I'm going to do a quick sketch up of the route I think is the best for the 104. I'm going to leave the rail line out of it since it can stay with Trunk 4 across the Causeway for now.

Two little qusetions though for you Smevo;

1) How do you get Google Maps images to show up on the forum. I always end up posting a link ...

2) And you might know more than me on this. I remember a couple of years back seeing a government plan for a Port Hawkesbury bypass for the 104. Do you happen to know the routing of the proposed highway?