Thread: MSA or CSA?
View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 21, 2020, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysoar View Post
Last thing i will say on this topic is Clevelands population is close to 370,000, down from 914.00 at its highpoint, Cuyahoga county continues to slowly bleed out down to almost 1.2 million, down from a highpoint of 1.72 million. Also its Metro has fallen to Ohio;s third largest. There is no sprawl from Cleveland, sadly more like an light evacuation. Hopefully Cleveland can rebound in the future , but at this point its location at the far north point of Northeast Ohio works against its influence, though it is still a respectable Metro of 2 million. Meanwhile what little population growth in N.E Ohio continues to shift further southward toward the Akron/Canton Metro. Finally i believe CMSA were more relevant when they were basically confined to the Greater New York , Los Angeles, and the Chicago-IL areas, huge urban areas with great influences..
There's still sprawl from Cleveland/Cuyahoga...Eastern Lorain County, Medina County and Northern Summit and Northern Portage. Are you from the Cleveland area? Between this and saying there's not much connectivity between Akron and Cleveland it is an odd statement. I would agree that there is some cultural disconnect once you get south of the turnpike but I've worked all over NEO and from a Urban/Suburban sprawl standpoint they are connected.