Thread: Halifax Retail
View Single Post
Old Posted May 23, 2011, 4:47 AM

I was just to the Crossiron Mills mall today here in Calgary and then to 'The Core' as well. Both have Lacoste stores - the prices seem pretty much to be around the same level as Banana Republic, may be slightly higher.

There is no reason why Halifax couldn't support Hollister, BR or Lacoste - it's just a matter of getting the store there and it advertised. I know countless people who shop for Lacoste stuff everywhere else, other than a lacoste store (since Halifax doesn't have one).

As for Hollister...it's geared towards young gay twinks lol. Speaking as an older gay male - that's ALL they wear lol. That and American Eagle. I have a few things from AE - but I felt totally wrong being in the store lol. I'm just old lol.

Another good store which I am a huge fan off is RW & Co. I'm not sure what chain owns it, but my friend and I went to the one in Crossiron and got some really great deals. Two pairs of casual jeans for me; was 40% off the existing mark down. With taxes, $32! One store that Calgary just got at Chinook, which is also out at Crossiron Mills (and doing good business) is Michael Korrs (yes, the same guy on the panel of project runway). For ladies stuff, apparently he does it well. I could see one of MK in Trillium. Granted Mills carries his stuff I believe.