Thread: Halifax Retail
View Single Post
Old Posted May 20, 2011, 10:44 PM

BTW, all those stores mentioned in the Mic Mac opening soon thing opened in 2010 already.

The only significant news from Mic Mac this year has been the opening of Cucina Moderna (kitchen store) and the closing of the Disney Store. I was talking with an employee of American Eagle in Mic Mac and they said that once the Disney Store closed they will move their store (AE) to that space and Eclipse's space beside it, effectively doubling AE's size. The old AE location would then be home to a new Aerie (AE's Lingerie and woman's dorm wear brand) stand-alone store.

However, I have heard nothing new on the subject. I suspect that they would be building the new AE store on the second level by now and would then open that one and close the old one at the same time, which would then give them their chance to construct the new Aerie store...

I also noticed that the AE store in Halifax Shopping Centre is moving one space down in the mall...hmm. Maybe American Eagle Corp. decided to open an Aerie store there too? It would make sense, they will want to be where the people are and with the opening of Hollister coming, there will be a lot of their demographic going to HSC rather than Mic Mac for their shopping.

Still awaiting word on what other new stores are opening this year at HSC as part of their "upscale conversion". Abercrombie & Fitch? Forever 21? Urban Outfitters? Victoria's Secret? Those names have all been floating around online as potential neighbours to the new Sephora and Hollister stores opening.