View Single Post
Old Posted May 7, 2021, 1:22 PM

New Haven - Tweed airport

This is absolutely fantastic news. There was litigation a couple of years ago to lengthen the runway at Tweed. My dad lives in Bridgeport and as much as I like Amtrak, I hope there is a one-hour DCA - New Haven flight instead of the 5 1/2 hours it takes on Amtrak.

Tweed New Haven Airport announces $100 million expansion and the arrival of Avelo Airlines. Here’s what it means for New Haven, the state and air passengers

By KENNETH R. GOSSELIN
HARTFORD COURANT
MAY 06, 2021

Tweed New Haven announces major expansion. (Patrick Raycraft/Hartford Courant)

"NEW HAVEN — Tweed New Haven Airport, a backwater in the state’s modern air transportation network, on Thursday announced that the airport is embarking on the boldest expansion in its 90-year history, with a $100 million vision that includes a new terminal and longer runway, plus the addition of a fledgling, low-cost carrier.

“This is part of something a lot bigger,” Gov. Ned Lamont said at a news conference at Tweed announcing the details of the plan. “This is a really important regional airport, the most important region of the state. I don’t just say that. New Haven is the crossroads for our region, the crossroads going forward.”

https://www.courant.com/business/hc-...2ee-story.html