View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 3:45 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchester united View Post
Therefore to the next suicide in the subway we should close permanently it...Ridicolous!
Right, that's the logic behind closing. The rest of us have to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
A nice fountain made of good materials (maybe marble or something) would have been way way better than this thing.

I think we're going to see this gone eventually because it's hurting the bottom line of the developers, which is money. Tenants are not going to want to be around here and the bad publicity is tainting the place.
Sorry, but a fountain, I don't care how elaborate, just wasn't gonna cut it. As far as the bottom line, this isn't tainting anything. It was free to the public (the $10 fare was added as a deterrent to possible jumpers - it didn't work). The crowds are there as usual, and will only get greater as it's tied in more directly with the rest of the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
That's unfortunate. Was hoping to visit someday. I would just enclose the openings in glass or something or some type of netting like they have up at baseball games that prevent fans from getting hit by foul balls.
That seems the most logical solution, to enclose the stairs, at least high enough that no one can jump off. It wouldn't change the overall look of the thing, though from experience it would change the view from within.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.