View Single Post
Old Posted May 25, 2021, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
meh, i mean i suppose there could be more of that nowadays, but i seriously doubt it. afaik there is still literally nothing between toledo and south detroit to commute to. airport jobs? fairlane maybe? even still that would be 50 miles away. its no 30min ride lol. and then detroit is sixty miles, with as you said many jobs worth commuting to in even further afield northburbia. people just dont do that kind of 50-60-70 miles commute in that area. or its pretty rare anyway.

come to think of it i did know someone back then who long distance commuted the other direction, from temperance to findlay, which is 60 some miles, but that person was actually nutty. and i do know several people now who drive daily that far here in ny, from upstate, danbury and bridgeport into the city, and from much further, the longest being from the poconos to brooklyn, well over a hundred miles each way, so yeah it can be done by some seriously ironclad driver types.
There's a lot, actually. A friend of mine is an engineer at the Fermi nuclear plant, and said that at least 30% of the workers commute from Ohio. Fermi is located in northern Monroe County right on the Wayne County border.