View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 26, 2015, 3:31 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark View Post
170 units but only 92 parking spaces? So just a little over half of the residents have the option of owning a car?

Is that normal? I've heard all the talk that urban dwellers don't need cars and don't want cars but is that an actuality in Halifax? Or, does it simply mean that those who can't get spaces will rent spaces nearby.

The reason I ask is that I don't think Halifax is a big enough city to offer that fulfilling of an urban experience... yet. Maybe 20 years down the road when it is built up a little more, and the transit system is (hopefully) better, but for now how many people centralize their lives around a few square kilometers of Halifax's urban core?
I actually think we're behind the curve in terms of the expectation that even the most central, urban locations require parking facilities as if they were in Bayer's Lake.