View Single Post
Old Posted May 23, 2019, 11:48 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybrain View Post
I like that the facade is broken up--that's an element of urban design we've lost as we develop block-sized parcels with one monolithic frontage. A city feels much richer and more interesting with multiple styles and frontages, I think.

That said, I too am wary of the fakey olde-tyme appearance of the rendering. But it's apparently by Urban Renewable, who have always done really good work, so I'l cautiously optimistic.
Not to say I don't like the broken-up facade -- I'm glad it's something developers are looking at vs a monolithic wall of brick. The Vic on Hollis is one of my favourite examples of a broken-up facade that is still very much one building. The best way of doing that is with multiple buildings, though. I think it would work better if the ground level matched up with the different designs. But at the end of the day, I'd rather have two great-looking buildings than one pretending to be two. I saw their Instagram linked to Urban Renewable as well and have hopes that the renderings are more of a concept than an actual plan.