View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 12, 2019, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
Perhaps true of Fredericton but not true of Southwestern NS.
Oh, absolutely. That post of mine which I'm re-quoting below was very carefully worded...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
Actually, just for the sake of closure (and I guess I should've thought of that yesterday), I'll suggest this:

1) Find me just ONE common forest characteristic shared by all of the following: Southeastern Manitoba, Thunder Bay, Huron County ON, Kingston, Montreal, Edmundston NB, Campbellton NB, Gaspé, but NOT present in Central NB / Fredericton.

or 2) shut up and agree with me.

If we replaced "Central NB / Fredericton" by "The mildest, most oceanic bits of Nova Scotia", it would be easy to supply a distinguishing characteristic to justify having that area not lumped into "Eastern Mixed Forest": the presence of many leafy evergreens in the tree mix.

As I said a couple pages ago - I'd be perfectly okay with having these parts of NS joining extreme southern Ontario in the "deciduous" category, at the very limited level of detail that has the entirety of Eastern Canada divided in only a handful of zones (Arctic, Boreal, Mixed, Deciduous).

My objection is really to mixing detail levels, as illustrated by my big-no-no climate map analogy (which, thinking about it, seems to have needlessly messed up Metro-One; I should instead have gone with a Greater Vancouver real estate prices heat map, where Point Grey, West Vancouver, the DTES, Burnaby, and everything else is Color A, defined in the legend as "Expensive", while the Arbutus Ridge neighborhood is Color B, defined in the legend as "$2M to $3M").