View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Talking to a medical facility today that hasn't paid its bills to us since last winter, apparently OHIP decided to claw back a bunch of funding they'd received (around $15,000 a month was being taken from their bank account by OHIP) and left them in the red. It wasn't until the facility threatened to shut down (leaving all of Northwestern Ontario without the specialty services they provide) that OHIP relented and decided to extend the clawback period longer so that the financial penalties were smaller per month over a longer period of time. They'll be financially solvent again in the summer, but long-term they're still not sure they'll exist at the end of this term of government. Their AP person was literally crying on the phone. There is a bigger debate that we could have about the right of a business like this to actually charge users for its funding instead of being at the mercy of OHIP but when you consider the federal restrictions health care is subjected to, you can't help but feel that the direction the province is taking is unfair.

Is that hoserish? Is that a hoser thing? Do hosers do that? I love this province!!! The number of lost customers due to offices being shut down, agencies closing due to lack of funding and people moving to other provinces because they've been laid off, fired or forced into early retirement has just passed four dozen at my work. Tell me again how good this is for business!

And let's not go into the non-profit sector, where Doug Ford's cuts have a silent but deadly affect. I know this won't be a major factor but it's certainly pushing people away from Conservative politics in general. If things are this bad under Doug Ford and only the federal Government is picking up the slack, what happens when the federal government stops picking up that slack? Doug Ford set a precedent that the government can come in during the middle of a budget year and take back money that had already been allocated to things. Will Andrew Scheer do that?
They voted this slob in, they deserve to suffer for it. Let the Carcinoma's befall Ford supporters and the OHIP surgery wait lists become stagnated. You vote conservative you get conservative style medicine and social services (or course we know what that is).