View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 4:28 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Nice to see those outlets coming along. I hadn't realized it was opening this year, though it would be next year with the wheel.

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf...heo_rossi.html

Staten Island actor Theo Rossi to be Empire Outlets new brand ambassador

By Diane C. Lore
March 27, 2016

Quote:
Actor and producer Theo Rossi, known for his roles on Netflix's "Marvel's Luke Cage" and FX's "Sons of Anarchy," announced his newest role Monday as brand ambassador for Empire Outlets, the city's first and only retail outlet center, under construction on Staten Island's North Shore waterfront.

Rossi, 41, a Staten Island native who grew up in Oakwood, said he will champion the economic revitalization of the North Shore, and spread the word about Empire Outlets' mix of world-class retail and food and beverage options.

Empire Outlets will include around 100 designer outlet retailers, a 190-room hotel with a rooftop venue and a 1,250-space parking garage, as well as number of restaurants on its 40,000-square-foot food and beverage deck, which offers views of the Manhattan skyline.

Empire Outlets is expected to open in late 2017.

Video Link

Video Link

Video Link

http://nypost.com/2017/03/27/staten-...ublicity-hunk/

Quote:
.....Rossi chuckled when asked if he’d be out making sales pitches to fancy retailers.

“I don’t know exactly what the [marketing] plan is, but I’ll do whatever they need to get the word out,” said Rossi, who grew up in the Oakwood neighborhood and still has a place in the borough.

“I sat down with Joe and we said, ‘How can we get more people to come to Staten Island? It can’t just be about Wu Tang Clan. Empire Outlets is an incredible way to get people to come and stay , with the stores, the hotel, the views and the Wheel next door,” Rossi said.

“I’ll do whatever they need to get the word out,” said Rossi, who grew up in the Oakwood neighborhood and still has a borough home.

The outlets are scheduled to open in late 2017. But a source said, “BFC is also considering spring 2018 instead to coincide with the Wheel opening,” a separate project.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Mar 27, 2017 at 4:51 PM.