View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 25, 2015, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
I like the bright colors of 215 Lake. Since I first saw the Chicago skyline at the age of 4, I've always liked how colorful and geometrical the skyline is. It might have been the CNA building that was so striking against the blue skies and the harsh contrast of the Sears Tower and Hancock to the Aon and Smurfit Stone. Lately it's just been bluish, off blue, bluish green glass which on a cloudy day isn't so striking. It will be nice to see something pop-out in the forest of skyscrapers.

Another interesting feature is how the horizontal and vertical lines will pop. Instead of appearing as a solid volume, this will look more like a frame.
I agree! I'd love it if these proposals were the start of a trend. And you're right about the interaction of the horizontal and vertical elements; it has a skeletal, lattice-like effect, which is fitting for a skyscraper.

And Beaver House... ugh... that thing looks like a tombstone with vitiligo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba View Post
Jahn I'm stoked for. Viñoly better not saddle us with a singe-inducing blob. I'd prefer more 432 Park than 20 Fenchurch.
I think word on the street was that it's rectilinear. Once bitten, twice shy I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba View Post
Turned out well enough. But why do cars need to be hidden? Just put clear glass up already. Yes, more expensive and more difficult to keep clean from all of the exhaust (perhaps), but it can't be that much more.
...or do something expressive. I mean, you're not fooling anybody with these masking materials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
Feeling sorta beige ....
It's the color of an infection.