View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 14, 2013, 5:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tovangar2 View Post
Thank you so much sopas ej. The very view I was wishing for. Outstanding :-)

Metro Transportation Library and Archive

Sunset/Spring/Main/Marchessault
I don't think your notation of the streets is correct. Main and Marchessault are not visible in this photo. Here are the streets as I understand them:

1. The extreme foreground street is Spring.
2. The street right next to Spring that runs along the back of the plaza church is New High Street.
3. The cross street is Sunset Blvd. - it passes out of view behind the church facilities as it approaches the plaza.
4. The street that goes to the left away from Sunset is also Spring Street. It takes a jog east at Sunset before proceeding north.
Main Street is one block further away and is not visible in the photo.

Of these 4 streets, only the Spring in the foreground is still there as a normal street. New High Street behind the church has only recently been taken over. Sunset in this photo is part parking lot and part driveway - one-way that goes from Spring to Main alongside the church. The small bit of Spring north of Sunset (as well as the properties on both sides of that street) is now part of a parking lot.

I think the photo was taken from the hill above Justicia Street, or possibly from the top of the Broadway tunnel's north portal.

Speaking of which, I found an interesting thing I had not noticed before about the Broadway tunnel. I will make a new post for that.