View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 10, 2008, 1:38 PM

San Francisco (150 photos)

This past weekend I flew to San Francisco to visit a friend in law school at Berkeley. It was my first trip to the Bay area and I must say I had a fantastic 5 days there! I timed my trip to coincide with the Castro Street Fair, but unfortunately I left the battery to my camera at his apartment in the East Bay that day (proprietary battery that isn't sold charged - couldn't buy a new one in San Francisco). So unfortunately no pictures from that event. But I do have photos from the Love Parade on Saturday - something I didn't even realize was happening that weekend until I arrived. Other than clouds & rain (late) on the day I arrived, I had picture perfect weather. I did some of the touristy stuff (Sausalito, Coit Tower, Lombard Street, etc), but I also tried to visit some neighborhoods that probably don't see quite as much tourist foot traffic, such as West Portal, Cole Valley, Inner Sunset, Noe Valley, & Hayes Valley. I love Chicago, but if there was some way for me to be able to split my time between here and San Francisco, I'd do it. Anyway, here are my photos of The City (and Sausalito too!).

At the Civic Center following the Love Parade:

F-Market Streetcar

The above photo is the last photo I was able to take before my battery died on Tuesday, a few hours before I had to fly back to Chicago. It's unfortunate because I stumbled upon an incredible view not more than 10 minutes later at the intersection of Liberty & Rayburn. If anyone out there has some free time, please go there & snap some photos. The views of the west hills are amazing!

(btw, some of the photos are grainy because I'm still trying to learn how to use my new camera and at times I inadvertently switched the camera to a lower quality setting)

Last edited by OhioGuy; Oct 10, 2008 at 2:53 PM.