View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edale View Post
What the hell? I am 30, and literally none of my friends my age have children. Only 1 is married.I know a couple people that I grew up with who got married right after school and have a kid or two and already live out in the burbs, but that seems like a waste of your youth and fun years to me, and they are definitely outliers among people I know.

I know people tend to get married and have kids earlier in the midwest and especially the south, but even in my hometown (Cincinnati), being single in your late 20s or early 30s isn't seen as strange. In Los Angeles, it would definitely be strange to be married with kids at that age!
Ah, being 30! I loved being 30. Oh those milestones of life. Later your friends will start getting married, and then later, some of your friends will start getting divorces. I was really weirded out by one couple I knew who were together since they were in their early 20s and then when they both hit their late 30s... BAM! They got divorced. It totally shocked me.

Your 30s will fly by, trust me. I'm 49 now, and my 40s felt like they flew by faster than my 30s. And unfortunately, your 40s is when people you know and love start getting ill/start dying... My parents both come from big families, so later on that means a lot of people kicking the bucket... :-/

Sorry... just thinking "out loud."

~ Charles Bukowski