View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 13, 2017, 5:09 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays View Post
The article says they "aim to start construction by the end of the year," which suggests that they're at least a fair way into design. It's encouraging vs. a project that's a year out, particularly if they're referring to real construction vs. demo etc. But as a construction guy I hardly consider next week's groundbreakings "locks." At this stage there are way too many variables to be anything more than cautiously optimistic.

It's great news in any case.

yeah, i didnt say it was a lock. i said it was as close to a lock as anything can be. implying everything you mention. you bet there is a ways to go until shovels are in the ground, and until its built and occupied for that matter, but that said we can be rather more than just cautiously optimistic with this project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey7312 View Post
I hope so. Cleveland has been treated like a joke by most Americans since the early 60's (yes, that long) and it's about time people realize that the "mistake on the lake" is no mistake.

well, i dont want to to derail this project and thread too much, but fyi the truth is the mistake on the lake is a real mistake on the lake.

that's because haters aside, the moniker was actually coined locally long ago to refer to the football stadium.

obviously it should never have been built on that site, nor rebuilt there -- it's prime waterfront property!

good news is there have been plans afoot for years to correct that mistake by developing around it -- we will see what happens, but for now here is a blurb:

Waterfront Plan – Many in Cleveland believe our town has missed out on many opportunities to add public access to the waterfront close to town (most of the access in the suburbs, with the exceptions of public parks, is privately owned real estate); but, finally, that seems to be changing. Architect Dick Pace and his development company Cumberland Real Estate LLC has won a competitive bid process to develop the 21 acres currently occupied by the parking lot for Voinovich Park, a grassy area between the Science Center and the Rock Hall and the undeveloped land north of FirstEnergy Stadium. On the drawing board, 1,000 low rise apartments that sit in mixed use buildings with retail and restaurants on the first floor and 80,000 SF for commercial office space. The developer has also discussed the idea of a K-8 performing school (charter, private or CMSD) to be part of this new neighborhood as well as a transient marina with paddle boats, kayaks and bicycles for rent.

more:
http://executivearrangements.com/urb...orm-cleveland/

^ this isnt the render for above, it's older, but it gives a feel for plans for the waterfront stadium area --

for right now, i believe this nearby initial small scale project is a go

...The relatively modest building is a stepping stone toward broader development of the downtown lakefront....

more:
http://realestate.cleveland.com/real...developer.html