View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 13, 2015, 4:40 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodo_business View Post
From what I remember (trying to dig up the source), Safari is closing up soon, so downtown will only net 181 additional rooms with the two new hotels. That means there still might be room for a large 400+ hotel.
I have heard the same about the Safari. I've seen photos of the original historic Main Street facade and I hope they bring that back at some point.
I would also include the Red Lion Downtowner in the room count and the infamous Cabana, and other hotels in the downtown area like the Marriott's on Capitol, and the hotel across from The Water Center on Broadway, maybe include The Riverside because it is only a minutes drive from the center of downtown.

I've been thinking that a do-over of the One Capitol after Simplot moves would be visionary for a highrise hotel.
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse