View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 23, 2013, 3:45 AM

World Capitol Project II

World Capitol Project is back. After being on hold for a couple of years, I'm rebooting it from the ground up, and it's going to be bigger and better than ever.

The size of my original model became unworkable largely due to poor modelling methods. Some buildings had too much detail while others had too little. The model never benefited from the effective use of textures. Street layout, as it wasn't sufficiently planned in advance, lacked coherence.

World Capitol Project II (WCP II) will begin with a well-written history of the virtual world in which it is staged; a playbook which sets context for all of the streets, buildings, and city's evolution. Streets and topography will be planned before buildings are placed. Detail will be simple and uniform throughout the model.

The land area of the model is 25 square miles (5 miles square). Single buildings which I want to design in ultra-high detail will be created outside my city model and imported for individual rendering.

The new city will be built at the current earth location of Felixtowe in the United Kingdom. Felixtowe, in real life, is a major shipping port town approximately two hours from London.

Last edited by JHoward88; Jul 29, 2013 at 8:23 AM.