View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 27, 2008, 1:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don098 View Post
Wow, I'm a Phillies fan (sort of...I really am only truly passionate about the Flyers and Eagles) and not a fan of the Yankees and the negative connotations they have come to symbolize, but I have to admit, this is a spectacular stadium. Will it have nice views of your skyline? I also love the placement directly next to the subway. Very smart, and kind of a no-brainer but in a lot of cities around the country, sadly that's not always on the radar... two thumbs up! I'd love to see a game there.
There isn't really any skyline view to speak of, since Manhattan is to the south and ballparks generally face east - on the other hand, one of my favorite parts of the Stadium was the fact that it looked out onto the neighborhood. It makes it feel more accessible and integrated, IMO.

The renderings are nice, but it's hard not to get a bit rankled a bit at how much emphasis is being placed on the luxurious features as opposed to the sections of the park geared toward the great unwashed (which, admittedly, anyone who's been following the progress will have seen coming a mile away, but it's still irksome).