View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 18, 2020, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackslack View Post
I agree. That’s what I said. I didn’t say we don’t know enough. I said we know enough to understand it’s bad and has adverse effects, but we collectively don’t fully understand to effects.

To say we know enough about climate change to that of gravity is a completely useless comparison. We know a lot more about gravity than climate change.

I’m in agreement that there are hugely negative effects. But there are also professors from some of the most distinguished universities that challenge the effects. Should we mock them too? Are you or anyone here smarter than them?

There is a debate to be had. And to mock either side is a waste of time and energy.

Why are there still multi million dollar developments in major cities all around the world on the coast? Science tells us that the sea level will rise, and cities will be under water, yet there are still trillions of dollars of investments in these cities. Why? Tell me you have an answer, because the science is settled, as you say.. or are they simply wrong, because you say do?
Of the three of us that just criticised tallerisbetter, I don't think any of us would disagree with most of what you have posted in this post. I think we'd all agree that it is dumb for humans to keep building things that could very well be useless in a few decades.