View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 16, 2009, 4:29 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscraper100 View Post
whatta beautiful airport anthony! nice night scene, also the airplanes are cool!
Thank you so much! Wait till ya see the whole thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesrule View Post
Those are beautiful airlplanes! Anyway van you show us the airport itself?

Did you make them?
Hey thanks! Nah, I would if I had more to show, but this time around I didn't, the layout is still under construction, and those 4 gates were all I had at the time.

And yes, the planes were 100% modeled by me with the small exception of two engine parts (the gray area in the back and the engine fan blade), which I got from 3D warehouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin55 View Post
According to the guys who make rules for collage football, I live in the Mountian West. You should throw in a 727, noonne uses them anymore but there awesome planes.

I love the night render, the shadows of the people inside is cool. Once you get the lines and planes and trucks and everything in Itll be really neat. On the planes, How did you do the tail? Is it a picture just put on or hand-drawn? BTW, if you ever need any help making liveryies I would love a real reason to make some.
Thank you! Hahahaha, amen, baby, amen! Long live the 727 (and all trijets for that matter!)

The tail is a funny thing, because for the longest time I was doing everything the super-hard way. Whenever I got 3D aircraft from Warehouse, they all had 3D tails...some not even properly shaped. So I got the idea to just make a 2D cutout based on a side-shot photo, and it makes applying photos to the tail just a million times easier. So now whenever I build aircraft from scratch, like the 717, I make the parts as simple as they can be without losing realism. Hence, the pictures on the 717 tails are not handdrawn, but merely graphics I found on Google.

Here are some test renderings I did today as I've been working further on the terminal, if anyone is interested. The only real changes I've done were shifting lights around and adding more people and trucks. All will still change again in the future. Sorry for the grainyness, but remember these were only tests.