View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 12, 2019, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
I think we should consider narrowing most of the streets downtown in order to add protected bike lanes.. much like third S. and second W... The scooters and bikes have become very popular downtown. I think it would be nice to get them off of the sidewalks and give them a protected place to ride, and our streets are way overly wide.

500s, 600s, 400s, 300w, 700e should remain as is to handle a majority of the main traffic.

I think north temple should be slightly narrower and that they should continue exposing city creek all the way down to 400w. The should also put an island between 300w and 400w with trees, redo the island between 200w & 300w with trees, and also add islands with tress between state and 200w

State street should also get islands with trees. With maybe 2 lanes of traffic on each side... make it more similar to main... or maybe even have bus stops in the middle of the street on islands.

I would like to see the thinner islands with trees continued further down third west.

And I think it’s about time to start considering the second S. Street car. And perhaps a traxs line that goes from the airport to the University.

Just my 2 cents
Yes! There are few things that could transform the city more fundamentally than this! I was converted to the idea 3-4 years ago and continue to believe the change would make SLC one of the most livable cities of you had universal protected bike lanes, light priority for bikes, more widespread distribution of GREENbike with pedal assist and great facilities.