View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 27, 2012, 7:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
alanlutz, I believe you are referring to the two properties that are shown below.

The cruciform foundation visible in the photograph is the remnant of the State Building you mention in your post.
The guard you spoke to mentioned a law library. I imagine any state building would include a law library of some sort.

That said, Dylan Leblanc mentions a 'municipal archive' in his post below. I believe he is referring to the other vacant lot.

__
From the description, the municipal archive that Dylan was referring to was the old Hall of Records. The civic center proceeds leftward from City Hall in that view and that's where the Hall of Records was.

The empty lot circled above that is south of City Hall is now the site of the new LAPD building. There is another empty lot outside of frame to the left - it is also caddy corner from the State building foundation, across Broadway & 1st. Google Earth shows a very large building there that was torn down in 2007, but not being an Angelino I don't know what it was. THAT is the one I believe AlanLutz was referring to as still a "dirt pit".