View Single Post
Old Posted May 16, 2005, 11:49 PM

Quote:
1) Is the Highlands development the one off Highway 40 near the Science Center? I believe I saw that going up last time I was there (late January). The location struck me as a very poor place to put up "loft style living" because it seemed very isolated from anything resembling an urban environment.
YES, it is. The Highlands consist of three Loft Buildings a new Hampton Hotel and one office building. All buildings are 5-8 stories total each. Strange area - but if you live in STL - traffic and commute wise this is a great place to live on the south cusp of Forest Park and The Central West End. Easy Metro Bus and link to METRO Trains/station at Forest Park.

Quote:
2) What is the latest on the SLU arena? I inquired when I was back in January (I am a SLU grad) and I was told that there was a snag in the financing and that they still have not broken ground on this. When the plans were announced, I got a mailing from the school (asking for money) with the dog and pony show about the arena. It looked awesome inside and out. Exactly what is needed in SLU and in midtown. SLU is the key to revitalizing midtown...I would assume the city and the school could work together to make sure whatever needs to get done gets done. So WTF is the holdup, and is this project in danger of not getting off the ground?
Not a snag in "financing" as much as TIF money from the city. The project is happening, just taking some "political" manuevering - ya know what I mean???!!!