View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 9, 2018, 7:52 PM

I was so surprised to see the crane this morning for the very same reason. I wasn't expecting phase two of this project to begin so soon. When I walked past around 7:45 this morning, it looked like they were loading fire escape ladders onto the crane. I'm very interested to see if these were the finishing steps to phase one, or if they were the beginning steps to phase two. I'm pretty sure there was a timeline posted somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

In other Smithfield news, I saw a "Now Leasing" sandwich board sign for the new apartments in the Kaufmann's building. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here yet, but they decided to name it Kaufmann's Grand on Fifth Avenue, which I think is kinda nice. Interestingly enough, the marketing materials on their site seem more like an endorsement for Downtown living than for the units themselves. That leads me to believe that they still don't have much done aside from the model units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Today Smithfield between Oliver and Fifth was blocked off to build a crane, presumably for the condo phase at the former Saks site.

Part of me has been holding my breath, not being entirely sure this would really happen.