View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 16, 2013, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy View Post
The amount of development planned along the Expo line has been pretty incredible compared to the slow pace of the rest of the lines.

I don't know what it's going to take to jump start the blue line. It's been getting safer, so I guess that's a start. But it has a lot of things working against it. For example the neighborhoods adjacent to the blue line besides being very poor and having few amenities, the housing stock isn't very attractive. It will likely be one of the last areas of LA to get any significant investment for a variety of reasons.
I've read that another problem with the Blue Line is that many of the station adjacent neighborhoods are only zoned for single family residences. That being said, there is a TON of potential surrounding the Blue Line. Dozens of large empty lots that could make for TODs at some point in the future. But we're probably decades away from seeing that happening.

With the Green Line, the El Segundo pretty much dropped the ball. Until recently, they've never made an effort to promote development around the stations. We're starting to see that change, but only after 20 years.

The freeway running portions will be much more difficult, although not an impossibility. Pasadena has managed to get housing built surrounding the 210 running section of the Gold Line.